Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Stories: Is it flare worthy?

On Sundays, this space is reserved for God stories. As one of the redeemed, I'd like to share just some of the many things he's done in my life. I hope you'll be encouraged by them!

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story - those he redeemed from the hand of the foe. Psalm 107:1-2

One of the things Fibromyalgia sufferers know well is the phrase:

                                                   Good days and bad days

Those "good days" are days to savor. I'm fully alive and like a glutton, I want to gulp as much goodness as I possibly can.

I believe we sufferers are more aware of what personally makes a day good or bad. We have to intentionally pace ourselves and think: Is this really worth it to me?

                    Is it flare worthy?

Good for you if you don't know what a flare is! Long story short, flare = agony. Most times we can accurately assess them, but there are days when plans go awry.

                                             And there are some days God dreams up for us.

I had one of those days last year, and if I knew at that time that I had a disease, I would never have done this...
                             On the outside I'm smiling, but inside I'm really praying they don't bite my face.

My husband, who planned this whole adventure, was in more pain than I was that day and I had to take his place in the water with our kids. I didn't want to.

                                   You see, I am terrified of large fish. Absolutely terrified.

Even seeing them in aquariums gives me the willies. In three of the snorkeling trips my hubby has thoughtfully planned for my daughters, I've had to take his place TWICE. On this trip, I wasn't even planning to go, but I changed my mind at the last minute.

It's never been my dream to swim with dolphins. I certainly never thought I'd stand on them.


It was incredible.


In these pics, I'm screaming, "Oh my God!" at the top of my lungs. I completely embarrassed my kids.


No doubt about it. This was flare worthy.

Do you have any flare worthy God stories to share? If so, I'd love to hear them.

                                                                                He is wonderful and faithful!


No comments:

Post a Comment