Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Do you do drugs? I do!

A frequent comment I hear from Christian women who suffer from chronic pain is, "I refuse to take medicine."
 
                                                  And I wonder...What the heck?
But I ask, "Why?"

The top 5 responses include:

"It's not the Lord's way."

"I just refuse."

"Jesus calls us to suffer."

"I'm afraid of the side effects."

"My husband wouldn't understand."

Except for the last one about the husband, I used those same reasons myself. At first.
But after a year and a half of suffering, I changed my mind. Now...

I love drugs.

I love Jesus and I love medicine. I believe God created the scientists who created the medicine and I love them all!

                  And I'd like to share my drugs with you, but I can't - because that's illegal.

In the next few posts, I'll virtually share the ones that have helped me on the path of pain.

                                 Also, I'll give my answers to the 5 responses listed above.

# My 1 favorite drug is Amitrtriptyline aka Elavil.
One of the worst things about chronic pain is the inability to sleep. This drug gives me a good night's rest and I rarely wake up due to pain. As with most drugs, it has side effects, but I haven't experienced any in the six months I've been on it. It's an antidepressant too, so you get those benefits, if you suffer from depression.

"It's not the Lord's way." 
Poppycock. Healing was one of the many things Jesus did. Disease, illness and blindness were common problems in the ancient world and Jesus was a willing healer.
At sunset, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them. Luke 4:40
                             
I told you how I feel? What's your perspective on taking medicine?

No comments:

Post a Comment