Sunday, April 12, 2015

Two new resources for pain sufferers

Look what I found!

I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and came across these two magazines so I bought them and wanted to give you a short preview.


The Pain Pathways magazine is geared toward patients and doctors and is a resource for their waiting rooms. However, it's chock full of information and has scads of great websites for chronic pain sufferers and their caregivers.

Stress and demands on caregivers are often overlooked, and as a caregiver myself I greatly appreciated reading something for us!

In addition, the back of the magazine has a resource guide for professional pain organizations and advocacy support groups for pain conditions caused by various cancers and too many disorders to count. I'd highly recommend snapping up this magazine wherever you can find it.


The Family Circle magazine contains one article on pain that didn't really surprise me as far as cures go. That's only because as a sick person, I've tried almost everything by now - except acupuncture. Because my disease is actually in the nerves of the skin, sticking needles in there is a no-no as far as I'm concerned.

The good news though is that chronic pain is getting some press so if you're suffering or have a loved one who is, these would be a great help.

Now you: Have you got any resources to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment